How do we motivate our crowd? (From a gaming perspective)
- Challenge: The level of difficulty of the game increases with the player's proficiency
- Fantasy: The player can experience magical events and perform magical actions
- Curiosity: Information is tantalizingly hidden and requires effort to be revealed
- Novelty: The player is continuously presented with new or transformed information and situations
- Complexity: The game is difficult enough to require significant amounts of reasoning in order to make progress
- Surprise: The behaviour of the game and the unfolding of events are not easily predictable
- Control: The player not only proceeds through and learns about the game through active participation, but also directs what is going on to some extent
- Competition: The game offers possibilites to compete against oneself, the system or other players - which provides the thrilling prospect of winning (or losing)
Can our ideas be expanded and/or focused to get the attention of our participants?
And how can our theme be expressed through some or all of these elements of interaction.